A car accident can be a traumatic event. When you're caught up in one, it's all too easy for your mind and body to shut down. The pain is excruciating, and you may have trouble even walking or standing on your own two feet. If this sounds like something that has happened to you recently, then what are you waiting for? Make an appointment with a chiropractor in Venice, Florida, as soon as possible. These experts will help alleviate some of the pain immediately while also providing additional care such as physical therapy and rehabilitative exercises so that you can get back on your feet faster than ever before.
An Overview About Car Accidents
Car accidents are, unfortunately, a common occurrence. The severity of injuries can vary from minor to catastrophic depending on factors such as speed and road conditions at the time of the crash, in addition to other circumstances that may complicate matters. These include whether or not there was an impact with another vehicle, what direction the vehicles were traveling if any children were present (particularly infants), how many passengers were aboard each car, and where they sat within their respective vehicles.
Possible Injuries After Car Accident
- Neck injuries and Whiplash: Whiplash is also known as muscles and ligaments. These injuries happen due to the sudden movement of your neck. Motor vehicle accidents are a common cause of whiplash, resulting in neck pain or more substantial injuries like disk injury. Severe cervical dislocation may also be present after car crashes, often without seat belts.
- Back Injuries: The lower back is vulnerable, significantly, if previously injured or strained. If this becomes a problem, then Dr. Sierra will recommend treatment for that too.
- Nerve Damage: Car accidents might cause nerve damage, leading to many other health problems such as chronic numbness, weakness in arms/legs, or even paralysis if not treated well on time.
- Knee Injuries: Knee injuries might include bruises and fractures. The meniscus, or cartilage in the knee, is vulnerable to tearing when a crash causes sudden twisting and turning of the knee. Getting car accident chiropractic care can help with healing these injuries.
- Wrist Injuries: Car accidents might lead to wrist pain, stiffness, and swelling. Among car accidents, distal radius fractures are one of the most common injuries. A car accident chiropractor like Dr. Sierra will ensure that the treatment is done well for the wrists too.
- Foot and Ankle Injuries: The most common injury in a car accident is the strain, sprain, and fracture of your toe. And ankle injuries from car accidents can cause pain and stiffness.
- Hip Injuries: A hip injury might include the femoral head (the ball at the top of your thigh bone) becoming dislocated or causing a fracture. You may also experience groin strains, hip flexor tightness, iliopsoas sprain, piriformis syndrome, and sciatica.
- Shoulder Injuries: An injury that can result after a collision is the shoulder lock. It happens when one braces themselves against something and gets locked into position with all of their weight on it from an impact like in a car wreck.
Benefits of receiving chiropractic care after a car accident:
- Reduces Inflammation: Treatment may help reduce inflammation and minimize pain. A car accident can result in various injuries, and the sooner you start receiving chiropractic care, the better. Minor injuries that go untreated for too long may worsen into severe and chronic conditions down the road.
- Improves Posture: Adjustments can make you stand taller and feel more confident with your posture. Moreover, it restores correct posture to prevent the development of further injuries. Dr. Sierra can perform adjustments to restore and improve your posture after a car accident.
- Restores Health: Chiropractic care is not just for car accidents but also for various health conditions, stress-related disorders, headaches, neuropathy, and other aches or pains that are causing you discomfort. The benefits of receiving chiropractic treatments after a car accident include restoring your natural alignment, which in turn will restore the body's ability to heal itself naturally without any medications or surgery.
- Long-Term Relief: There are many benefits to getting chiropractic care promptly after an injury. Minor injuries can quickly worsen if left untreated and lead to chronic conditions down the road, so you must receive prompt treatment for your situation following a car accident.
- Pain Reduction: Chiropractic care is a non-invasive and drug-free approach to treating car accident injuries. With the proper adjustments, a person can have pain reduced throughout their entire body. Many people express feeling significant relief following an adjustment due to the release of hormones that reduce pain.
- Range of Motion: When you're suffering from back or neck injuries, it can lead to restricted mobility. You may find that turning your head becomes difficult, and moving in other ways is also challenging when the muscles are inflamed due to inflammation of those areas. Dr. Sierra helps restore proper motion through chiropractic adjustments while encouraging healing by mobilizing the spine after an injury occurs.
- Prevention: Chiropractor Venice Florida Dr. Leigh Sierra can also help prevent chronic pain by working with you to find the cause behind your injury, using corrective techniques like adjustments and spinal rehabilitation exercises.
Chiropractic treatment comes with risks because some patients may experience fatigue, discomfort, and dizziness. Some other adverse effects include numbness or tingling, but these rates are low. If you feel that chiropractic adjustments would benefit your health, you may ask Dr. Sierra to discuss the benefits and the risks before proceeding.
A patient will receive an assessment and examination to determine the cause of their symptoms. Then they'll be treated using various techniques like spinal rehabilitation exercises, chiropractic manipulations, or manual therapy.
How Can Dr. Leigh Help?
Dr. Leigh is a chiropractor who knows how to help people after car accidents. She has helped many patients get back on their feet and resume normal activities as quickly as possible.
The following are the most common services Dr. Leigh offers at her clinic in Venice, Florida:
- Spinal Adjustments and Spinal Rehabilitation: This is when the doctor applies a controlled force to realign your spine. Spinal rehabilitation or manipulation is a standard treatment for whiplash, but it may also be performed to help treat other injuries. The chiropractor will identify abnormal or restricted spinal joints and make a thrusting approach to restore normal motion. The gentle manipulation is effective because it stretches the soft tissue while it realigns the vertebrae or other joints.
- Chiropractic Wellness Care: A wellness care visit entails spinal adjustments and chiropractic rehabilitation therapies. The therapy goals are to reduce pain, maximize movement, improve hydration, increase general health and allow for a better quality of life. An abundance of research points to spinal health as an essential factor in overall wellness. Chiropractic care can help you maintain a healthy spine so that your nervous system has the ability to function at its optimal level and to do its job without any problems or hindrances, leading to true well-being.
- Nutrition Consultation: Dr. Leigh also offers nutrition consultations that aim at helping you find solutions by incorporating a proper diet into your lifestyle. Eating a nutritious diet can help the body repair itself after an injury. Antioxidants, such as those found in vegetables and fruits, might be beneficial for preventing muscle damage or aiding injuries to heal faster. Some antioxidants are naturally present within our bodies, but it is also possible that we consume them through food sources instead of relying solely on what's happening internally.
- Wellness Workshops: A workshop is a great way to learn more about good health and how you can take control of your life. You will leave feeling energized, confident, and ready to start living the healthy lifestyle that may have been missing in your past.
If you have been in a car accident, the best thing to do is take care of your health. Whether it's using gentle chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, or other treatments, give yourself time to heal and recover from any injuries sustained during the collision. Dr. Sierra wants what's best for her patients, so she offers several different types of treatment that can help reduce pain and speed up recovery times after an automobile crash. Contact us today if you're interested in learning more about how chiropractic care can help after car accidents.