Bored with Breakfast?
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted but I have been out of the loop doing some traveling and spending some extra time with my son! But, I was thinking about all of you this morning and thought I would share one of my #new favorite breakfast recipes. When I was a kid I used to LOVE cereal for breakfast -- now we didn't eat all of the sugar loaded ones but even the so called "regular" cereals seriously lack nutritional value. My family and I really enjoys smoothies in the morning and one of my favorite smoothie joints in Venice has an awesome item called a smoothie bowl... and let me tell you it is delicious! Now, while I love hitting up the smoothie shops, I wanted to see if I could replicate it at home and save some #dough! Well it was a big hit and cost very minimal in comparison to what I would spend out and about. A smoothie bowl is a great alternative, it's denser than a regular smoothie so you can eat it with a spoon and you can also add all kinds of great toppings that you wouldn't normally add to a traditional smoothie. Also, get your kids involved in making this one -- its messy but so fun! So here is my recipe and some of the toppings that we like: INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 scoop grass fed whey protein powder
- 1 scoop green food powder
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (peanut, almond or cashew)
- Toppings: Fresh berries, banana slices, honey, raw nuts toasted coconut, almonds, chia seeds, granola (for gluten-free or grainless granola try this recipe)
- Add the first seven ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!
This is a very, easy healthy morning recipe -- but if you have small kids like I do be ready for clean up!! Hope you enjoy!
Schedule an Appointment
Please fill out and submit the form below. You will be sent to our online appointment scheduler.